This depends on the type of lines. Generally, we divide lines into dynamic and static lines. Dynamic lines appear with expression and disappear shortly after. On the other hand, static lines are always apparent. Dynamic lines will start to improve from the first treatment while static lines will take multiple treatments and occasionally add on other modalities.
Results tend to last 3-4 months* using for anti-aging treatments. Movement will begin recovering from 8 weeks. Frequent anti-aging treatment at intervals of less than 3 months is not recommended. Repeating anti-aging treatment when movement recovers will deliver optimum results over time. Frequency of treatments may be reduced according to the quality of your skin and your response to the treatment.
Should you choose not to have further treatments to maintain results, your muscles will return to their pre-treatment state.
*3-4 months approx
The following expressions can improve with the treatment.
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Smile line (crow feet)
- Bunny line
- Smoker line (upper lip)
- Eyebrow lift
- Gummy smile
- Lifting angle of the mouth
- Neck lift
- Excessive sweating
- Jaw pain
- Orange peel chin appearance
Yes – once the effects of the treatment have diminished, or if the effects of anti-aging treatment need to be enhanced, re-treatment is safe.
A very fine needle is used to administer for anti-aging treatments. Anti-aging treatment is generally not described by most as painful and can be well tolerated with no anesthetic. Please request an anesthetic cream or ice if you are nervous about needles.
It is important to tell your practitioner about any medicines or dietary supplements you are taking; some medicines can adversely affect the way the treatment works or increase your risk of bruising.
If you are taking supplements such as Gingko Biloba, Garlic, fish oils, St. Johns Wort or some pain killing medicines such as aspirin or ibuprofen, then these can increase your risk of bruising and it may be advisable to stop taking them a few days before your treatment. It is also advisable that you do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment, for the same reason.
Make-up will need to be removed prior to the injections and you will be advised not to reapply it for 4 hours in order to reduce the risk of infection or irritation at the injection sites. Be aware of the necessary after care advice and that your schedule allows for you to follow it.
- DO NOT touch or rub the treated areas for 3-4 hours
- DO NOT exercise on the day of the treatment
- DO NOT apply make up to the treated areas for 3-4 hours
- DO NOT use a sunbed for 7 days following treatment
- DO NOT undertake facial massage, chemical skin peels or laser resurfacing for 7 days
- DO NOT take aspirin for 48 hours. This will reduce the chance of bruising
- DO NOT lie down, (i.e. remain upright for 3-4 hours.)
Ati-Aging treatments are a medically safe and an effective treatment. However, as with all medical treatments, side effects and complications may occur. These are mostly reversible and short lived, but can include the following;
- Mild swelling, bruising or redness at the site of the injection. (This typically subsides within 48 hours of the Injection.
- Temporary blurred vision as a result of paralysis of certain muscles.)
- Eye dryness
Watering of the eyes
- Dry mouth
- Slight nausea
- Itchy skin or skin rash.
- RARE: Facial asymmetry (difference in appearance of each side of the face) as a result of over or under correction
- RARE: Allergic reaction, but it is rare.